Rightfully Yours (EPUB)
If your ex-spouse owes you child support or alimony, this book will explain what your rights are and how to get the money you are rightfully owed, including some money you probably did not know about!
Important: please create an account before you purchase a download product. Here is why.
This is intended for an American audience.
Product Description for Rightfully Yours (EPUB):
- Get what is owed to you
- Learn why “no money” is no excuse
- Do it without the expense of lawyer’s fees
The estimated amount of unpaid child support in America runs into the billions of dollars. Even highly conservative sources say that at least 10 percent of non-custodial spouses don’t pay their child support, yet the vast majority of spouses who don’t pay their child support are not broke: they just claim to be!
The struggle to obtain what is rightfully yours - financial support from your ex-spouse - can be fraught with tension, anger, and compromise. This book will make available to you the most powerful tool in collecting past-due child support and alimony without wasting thousands of dollars in legal fees.
This book focuses on two important issues:
- how to secure your share of your ex-spouse’s pension benefits earned during the marriage, and
- how to obtain past-due alimony and child support payments from your ex’s pension, profit-sharing, or 401(k) savings plan.
It explains the best-kept secret under United States federal law: the Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO). A QDRO is the legal document necessary to obtain direct payments from your ex’s retirement plan(s).
If you were awarded a portion of your ex’s pension benefits or if your ex is currently delinquent in child support payments, this book will be an invaluable resource. It covers topics such as:
- What is a QDRO and why do I need one?
- What are the different types of QDROs?
- How much of the pension am I entitled to receive?
- Am I entitled to receive my share of the pension for my entire lifetime?
- Is it too late to draft a QDRO now, even though my divorce was years ago?
- Can I use a QDRO to obtain past-due child support and alimony?
The Author: Gary A. Shulman, JD, is the country’s leading authority in the area of qualified domestic relations orders. He has drafted and reviewed more than 40,000 QDROS since their inception in 1984. As an ERISA attorney and nationally renowned author, he “wrote the book” on this topic for lawyers and judges across the U.S. Now he has written “Rightfully Yours” in simple English to help everyone in this situation secure the pension benefits that were earned during the marriage by their ex- (or soon-to-be ex) spouses and fight to collect the child support and alimony they rightfully deserve.
Product Specification for Rightfully Yours (EPUB):
|Operating System||This eBook is in the EPUB 2.1 format and will work with any reading device (including iPad, Kobo, Nook, and Sony ereaders) or desktop software which supports this format or earlier versions. This includes Apple, Sony, Kobo, and Barnes & Noble ereaders. Learn more about buying and installing ebooks.|
|File Size||1.6 MB|