We have received some questions about updates to our divorce kits for Alberta. The information below applies to both the printed version of the kit and the download version.
Updates for your kit are available. To obtain the updated material, you will need to take the following steps:
- Open the Instructions page that was installed by the software on your CD (or which you downloaded). The page will open in a web browser.
- On the first page you will see a notice to check for updates and a link. Please click on that link and the Updates page for your kit will open.
- Please read the information on the Updates page carefully. You will need to decide whether you and your spouse will be applying jointly for divorce, or whether one of you will do the filing and related paperwork as a sole applicant.
- Once you have decided, which kind of application you wish to make, you should follow the remaining instructions on the page in order to download your replacement kit. Please note that Yahoo, Google, Hotmail, Live and similar non-ISP addresses will not work; please also note that some corporate addresses will not allow you to download software.
- Once you have completed the form, further instructions will be displayed in your web browser and you will receive an email message with a temporary link to the file to download.
We regret that our customer service staff are unable to supply copies of update files via email, so please use the above system.