Barrett Tax Law by Dale Barrett
- Tax Treatment of Cryptocurrency Theft and Loss January 13, 2018January 13, 2018 By Dale Barrett Managing Partner Barrett Tax Law 1-866-278-8424 416-907-8429 So, after investing in Bitcoin and Ethereum, the North Koreans hacked one...
- A Canadian First – Battered Women’s Syndrome can help prove Due Diligence May 9, 2017Barrett Tax Law successfully litigated what could be a first in Canada. Using the defence of battered women’s syndrome to show L (shortened for privacy...
- Vehicle Expenses May 12, 2016When a vehicle is used for both personal and business purposes, it is necessary to keep a log to record the business use of the...
Small Business Hell by Jack BordenUnable to display feed at this time.
Estate Law Canada by Lynne Butler
- Calgary's Reverend Elvis in trademark dispute with Presley's estate February 20, 2018When you take on the role as the executor of an estate, you take it on for life. That is, unless a court tells you otherwise. You might think that once the estate has been distributed and the Releases signed, that's the end of the work, but that's not the case in every estate. Recently it came to light that a minister in Calgary, known to his congr […]
- Neighbour denied $100,000 after deceased's cheque bounced February 13, 2018Have you ever wondered what would happen if a person wrote you a cheque but then that person died before the cheque went through? Would the cheque be valid? Would the deceased person's estate have to pay? Would the court uphold your right to receive the funds? Read on to see what the court decided when this happened in Ontario recently. A woman named Ma […]
- What's with executors giving personal items to non-beneficiaries? February 13, 2018What is it with executors who give away the deceased's personal and household items to people who are not beneficiaries of the will? This week I've had several calls from family members who are upset and angry at executors who have given the deceased's car to their son and jewelry to their daughter and half a dozen other things. Executors, sto […]
Crook Publishing by Marion Crook
- Bouchercon 2017 Toronto October 16, 2017Allison Bruce from Crimewriters of Canada and me at the mystery writers and readers conference in Toronto. Wonderful events, speakers, panelists and celebrated authors such as Louise Penny, Rhys Bowen, Ann Cleeves and hundred of others. There were also many authors who are not well...
- Back from the Summer September 14, 2017Hello all, I never expected to be away from my blog for so long but summer happened–and children and grandchildren and deadlines. I’m back. I hope with more intention to be a regular blogger, but probably just fit it in around the writing. I wrote...
- southern Writers June 29, 2017Nice to be in good company in the Southern Writers magazine. http://ow.ly/iKB830d6730 Interesting magazine. Nice to write for as well.
Estill & Long Attorneys & Counselers At LawUnable to display feed at this time.
Baking Fix by Mimi Shotland Fix
- Making Fun Products April 17, 2017Bake Magazine shows us a fun idea for new bakery offerings – incorporate colorful and familiar breakfast cereals to create your own unique products. “Cereal adds a crunch to something sweet, and cereal flavors can be paired with dessert flavors to find scrumptious combinations. Additionally, they look visually appealing as many breakfast cereals have unique […]
- Home Kitchens Meet the Bun Pan Rack March 21, 2017Does your business baking turn your kitchen into a hunt for space? Do you dread the holiday production nightmare? I often receive questions from home bakers asking for help with this problem, especially when I show photos from my baking classes with this wonderful piece of equipment: If you have a home-based food business you […]
- Chocolate Walnut Strudel February 2, 2017Chocolate Walnut Strudel is a nice, fast strudel, especially for times of the year when there’s no local/seasonal fruits. And everyone loves chocolate, no matter what the time of year. Use your favorite pie dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar/cocoa. Top with chopped walnuts (toasted nuts makes a better product) and chocolate chunks. Roll up, place seam […]
Tanya Lee HoweUnable to display feed at this time.
Managing your Medicare by George Jacobs
- The Part D Low Income Subsidy (“Extra Help”) in 2015 October 13, 2014Requirements to Become Eligible for Extra HelpThis reviews the two main requirements for the Part D low income subsidy (LIS), that is, “Extra Help,” and also indicates what the basic structure of the Part D benefit looks like for those who qualify for it during 2015. The two main requirements are, of course, low income and few resources.At this point in ti […]
- PART D FOR 2015 October 9, 2014Get Ready Now for Medicare Open Enrollment - Part D Changes for 2015It’s less than two weeks to Medicare Open Enrollment, so it’s time for you to get familiar with what will change in 2015 and what you need to do now to prepare for it. Of extreme importance is that the Annual Election Period (the open enrollment period) will begin on Wednesday, October 15 an […]
- Changes in Medicare Deductibles, Premiums, etc. for 2014 - Parts B, A, C, D November 9, 2013Part BMost of the Medicare annual change amounts have been released for 2014, and the good news is that the Part B premium and deductible will not change. That is, the Part B monthly premium will stay at $140.90, and the annual deductible at $147. This is particularly nice for beneficiaries as your Social Security cost-of-living increase will only be 1.5%, […]
- Event: The Tax Transformation in Calgary (Oct 26, 2017) October 18, 2017If you are a business or individual on either side of the border, this event is your chance to learn how to take advantage of the upcoming tax changes and learn how they may impact you!Read more ›
- Event: The Tax Transformation in Edmonton (Oct 24, 2017) October 18, 2017If you are a business or individual on either side of the border, this event is your chance to learn how to take advantage of the upcoming tax changes and learn how they may impact you!Read more ›
- The United States Is the Only Tax Haven to Which Canadians Can Drive September 26, 2017With the pending tax proposal from Finance Minister Morneau, Canadians may need a tax haven. The US is the most commonly overlooked tax haven opportunity for Canadians. Throughout the book A Canadian’s Best Tax Haven: The US – Take Your…Read more ›
The Caregiver Network: Blog by Rick Lauber
- Wouldn’t Caregiving be Easier with an Extra Set of Hands? April 27, 2017Caregivers can hear plenty of advice about the many benefits of taking respite from their work with an aging loved one; however, they don’t always follow those recommendations. These aren’t just empty words … breaking away to do something just for you does offer you rewards and isn’t as difficult as you might imagine. One […] The post Wouldn’t Caregiving be […]
- Question Your Own Care April 3, 2017Caregivers field questions from others on a regular basis. Well-meaning friends and/or colleagues can often ask “How’s your Mom / Dad doing?” “How are you doing?” might be a better question to ask. Caregiving involves more than just one person and the job can – and does – take its toll on those who help […] The post Question Your Own Care appeared first on T […]
- Respite Helps Caregivers Through Holiday Hell February 15, 2017Love is in the air … leprechauns will be leaping … and a rabbit will soon be delivering chocolate eggs. Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, and Easter are the first holidays of each new year. Normally very joyous days, these holidays can make life even more difficult for family caregivers. Holidays (along with possible birthdays […] The post Respite Helps Ca […]
Rick Lauber’s personal website can be found here.
Baker Street Agency by Katherine Matak
- Tomato Soup and Tricks of the Trade April 13, 2017Last summer I ran out of time to make all my tomato sauces so instead I chose to freeze the extra 40lbs. of tomatoes. That was probably one of the best moments of the year. These tomatos have ended up becoming some of the easiest and best soups I have ever made. Remember I am […]
- SURVEILLANCE AND PIZZAS! February 21, 2017Maintaining a blog is another job on the toolkit requirements for small business! Although it has been on my to-do-list now for eleven months I found myself having difficulty deciding what to write about. After all this is an investigative blog that provides you with some great recipes. Additionally you are supposed to laugh about the […]
- Sleuthing at the Stove -Plums and Social Media April 28, 2016There is no doubt that everyone in their working life will make a mistake – might be small or might be large. In business clients can become upset over many things. Sometimes they are upset because they owe money and they have decided to not pay it. I remember learning about the gratitude scale at […]
Advice by Darcy MathesonUnable to display feed at this time.
Learning to Commit by Avrum Nadigel
Script Gods Must Die
ThinkMOVE by Tim Sitt
- A healthy mindset that will get you moving September 30, 2016
- Practicing Mindfulness In The Face of Daily Chaos September 27, 2016
- Health is being who you really are September 27, 2016“To honestly express yourself” –Bruce Lee If you work a job where you sit 10 plus hours a day, it’s very likely that you are not able to express who you really are or be as authentically you as possible. As someone who has lots of experience with sedentary workplaces, I experienced how a lack...
- 6 “Prep” Questions That Will Help You Write Better Marketing Copy, Faster February 7, 2018 Quick question: Would you attempt a cookbook recipe without first getting all the ingredients together? (Actually, I would. Which is why my wife doesn’t let me near the kitchen!) When writing marketing copy, getting the “ingredients” together is just as important. You need to have a general idea of what you’re going the say […] The post 6 “Prep” Questions […]
- How to Begin Your Sales Copy With a Story January 31, 2018 When I’m running copywriting workshops, two of the most popular questions I get is: “How do I begin my sales copy? How do I kick it off in a way that’s compelling and holds the prospect’s attention?” “I’ve heard storytelling can boost my response and conversion rates. How do I use stories in my […] The post How to Begin Your Sales Copy With a Story appeare […]
- How to Plan an Email Follow-up Campaign January 24, 2018Okay. You’re sitting down to write a series of follow-up emails to those who’ve attended a webinar or downloaded a white paper. You know those emails are key to driving more conversions, so they’ve got to be good. What are you going to say in each of those messages? Obviously, each email can’t be essentially […] The post How to Plan an Email Follow-up Campai […]