Barrett Tax Law by Dale Barrett
- Vehicle Expenses May 12, 2016When a vehicle is used for both personal and business purposes, it is necessary to keep a log to record the business use of the...
- Transfers of Property while Having a Tax Debt May 12, 2016Income Tax Act Subsection 160 (http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-3.3/section-160.html) Excise Tax Act Subsection 325 (http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/E-15/section-325.html) Subsection 160 and subsection 325 assessments are the most powerful collection tools that...
- Transfer Pricing May 12, 2016Income Tax Act Subsection 247 Transfer prices are the prices at which services, tangible property, and intangible property are traded across international borders between related...
Small Business Hell by Jack Borden
- Booksigning at Mosaic Books – March 19th March 11, 2016Join Us on Saturday, March 19th 2016 12:00 – 2:00pm Mosaic Books Kelowna 411 Bernard Avenue, Kelowna, BC Meet local author Jack Borden and chat about Small Business Entrepreneurship as discussed in his latest book ‘Avoid Small Business Hell’.
- Meeting Customer Objectives March 7, 2016Business obstacles are aplenty for small business entrepreneurs. In my book ‘Avoid Small Business Hell’ I chronicle all kinds of reasons behind business obstacles, how to avoid them and if they are unavoidable and a business is thrust into ‘Small Business Hell’ how to get your business back into a stable position. What is the ... Read more
- Borden provides business expertise March 7, 2016“If I can save one entrepreneur from the trip into small business hell, then I consider my book a success” Read Jennifer Smith’s article for the Vernon Morning Star Sunday, February 27 2016 “Borden provides business expertise”
Estate Law Canada by Lynne Butler
- A smile for the weekend January 20, 2017I hear there's a big storm headed my way later today, and no doubt many others reading this are in the same situation. It's winter in Canada, after all. So here is a little smile to cheer us all up.
- New podcast: "Can the executor do that?" January 18, 2017Our second podcast is now available on our web page. It follows the same format as the first one, with our practice coordinator, Chelsea Kennedy, asking me questions. This one is called "Can the executor do that?" and covers a variety of questions about what executors can and cannot do with an estate. Click here to listen or download (it's fre […]
- No standing for adopted child to vary birth mother's will January 11, 2017There has been an interesting case recently in the BC courts regarding the rights of adopted children with respect to the estate of the birth mother. Gary Boer was the biological son of Deloreen Mikaloff. He was adopted by another family when he was a year old. Thirty years later, Gary found his birth mother and they developed a close relationship. When Delo […]
Crook Publishing by Marion Crook
- New Book – New Tour September 20, 2016Writing for Children and Young Adults by Marion Crook Blog Tour Schedule September 20—October 3, 2016 September...
- Virtual Tour September 20 September 20, 2016September 20 Release Day Blitz Book Room Reviews http://www.bookroomreviews.com/ Delightful Book Review http://delightfulbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ Kit ‘N Kabookle http://kitnkabookle.blogspot.com/ Susan Heim on Writing http://www.susanheimonwriting.com/ Robyn Campbell Humor and Adventure Writing For Kids http://robyncampbell.com/ Aspiring Writer, Accomplished […]
- The Adoption Conference August 11, 2016Nashville, Tennessee, a land of green trees, wonderful people and 94% humidity. The adoption conference, North American Conference on Adoptable Children was, as usual, full of committed men and women working hard to educate themselves on how to help children who need homes, parents...
Estill & Long Attorneys & Counselers At Law
- What is a Buy-Sell Agreement June 11, 2014What is a Buy-Sell Agreement? Written by Peter McFarland, Esq. on 6/6/14 It’s exciting to start a new business. But starting a new business takes so much time and energy, we’ve noticed that our clients often don’t focus on their exit strategies. Important life events can have a large impact on a business and […]The post What is a Buy-Sell Agreement appea […]
- 2014 Tax Tips for Newlyweds April 22, 2014Scott Estill – 4-22-2014 2014 Tax Tips for Newlyweds For tax purposes, your marital status is determined as of December 31, 2014. As such, it is possible to time the marriage to produce the lowest possible tax results (i.e. should we marry in 2014 or 2015). If either spouse changed his/her name as a result […]The post 2014 Tax Tips for Newlyweds appeared fi […]
- What if I Can’t Pay my IRS Bill? April 22, 2014Written by Peter McFarland, Esq. So you’ve filed your tax return. Maybe it was late and the IRS added penalties or maybe you just couldn’t afford to pay what the return said you owed. Now the IRS is sending notices and you just can’t possibly pay them. If you find yourself in this […]The post What if I Can’t Pay my IRS Bill? appeared first on .
Baking Fix by Mimi Shotland Fix
- New Year 2017! January 2, 2017It’s a new year, and quite a new one for those who live in the United States. We started the new year off with a bakery tour at the Danish Pastry House near Boston and Tufts University. We arrived early, while they were setting up, and thoroughly examined the pastry cases. Home-Based Baking at its […]
- A Growing Trend That Makes Me Sad September 14, 2016Our culture is food obsessed. And as the obsession grows, we’re becoming more obnoxious with our food preoccupation. Bake Magazine featured an article this week, Zagat survey shows national dining trends to look out for The Zagat survey had results from 10,000 diners across the U.S. Not only did the survey find that photography is […]
- Almost back from vacation… see you soon! August 21, 2016
Tanya Lee Howe
- Good News for Alzheimer’s Research September 1, 2016A new drug is being tested at the moment that may halt mental decline for Alzheimer’s patients. It probably won’t hit the market for a few years, if the testing goes well. But there is hope! Check out the article from the Telegraph.
- Heartbreaking News June 11, 2016For all the bicyclists crossing Canada this summer, please be careful on the road and always be aware of your surroundings. If you have a bicycle that is low to the ground, such as a recumbent, make sure you have a bright flag that is high above your bike. You want to be seen on the road by the many Continue Reading
- Early onset Familial Alzheimer’s Disease March 28, 2016As I’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, early onset Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is happening more often. People can start showing signs of the disease in their 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s. Between 1 and 5 percent of cases are early onset. Familial Alzheimer’s disease means that earlier generations of a family have had the disease. For example, my mom has Continue […]
Managing your Medicare by George Jacobs
- The Part D Low Income Subsidy (“Extra Help”) in 2015 October 13, 2014Requirements to Become Eligible for Extra HelpThis reviews the two main requirements for the Part D low income subsidy (LIS), that is, “Extra Help,” and also indicates what the basic structure of the Part D benefit looks like for those who qualify for it during 2015. The two main requirements are, of course, low income and few resources.At this point in ti […]
- PART D FOR 2015 October 9, 2014Get Ready Now for Medicare Open Enrollment - Part D Changes for 2015It’s less than two weeks to Medicare Open Enrollment, so it’s time for you to get familiar with what will change in 2015 and what you need to do now to prepare for it. Of extreme importance is that the Annual Election Period (the open enrollment period) will begin on Wednesday, October 15 an […]
- Changes in Medicare Deductibles, Premiums, etc. for 2014 - Parts B, A, C, D November 9, 2013Part BMost of the Medicare annual change amounts have been released for 2014, and the good news is that the Part B premium and deductible will not change. That is, the Part B monthly premium will stay at $140.90, and the annual deductible at $147. This is particularly nice for beneficiaries as your Social Security cost-of-living increase will only be 1.5%, […]
- KeatsConnelly helps Canadians and Americans Live on Both Sides of the Border December 22, 2016Sally Taylor, Bob Keats and Dale Walters of KeatsConnelly talk about helping Canadians and Americans live on both sides of the border in an article published on azcentral.com and in the Arizona Business Gazette. Please click here to read it!Read more ›
- 2017 Canada Week Bonspiel December 7, 2016KeatsConnelly will sponsor the Canada Week Bonspiel again in 2017! It will be held at the Coyotes Curling Club in Tempe, AZ from Thursday, February 2nd to Sunday, February 5th. Registration is open at coyotescurling.com. Hope you can join us.…Read more ›
- Four US tax tips for 2017 November 21, 2016By Dale A. Walters, CPA, PFS, CFP® (US and Canada) November 21, 2016 1. Be aware that several US tax forms have new filing deadlines. Key changes are: Return Type Previous Law New Law Effective Jan 1, 2017 Partnership (Form…Read more ›
The Caregiver Network: Blog by Rick Lauber
- Caregiving Respite Can Be an Achievable New Year’s Resolution January 11, 2017The gifts have all been opened… the family turkey dinner has been enjoyed… the tree, ornaments, and leftover wrapping paper have been stored away until next year. The holidays are over (and you may be breathing a sigh of relief that things can now return to a more normal state of affairs). It’s now time […] The post Caregiving Respite Can Be an Achievable Ne […]
- Caregiver Respite Can Be Your Best Holiday Gift November 29, 2016There’s been a chill in the air, some snow on the ground, and decorations are being hung. These are all signs of the upcoming holidays – traditionally seen as a time for great joy and merriment. But the holidays are not always merry for all. Caregivers can experience increased challenges and are prime candidates for […] The post Caregiver Respite Can Be Your […]
- Turn to Respite, Rather than a Road Map, When You Get Lost as a Caregiver November 15, 2016Feeling a little lost these days? Considering the whirlwind days (often beginning before sunrise and ending after sunset …), a family caregiver can easily devote much of his/her own time, energy, and resources to helping an aging loved one and, in the process, lose much of him/herself. Caregiving days are anything but typical and can […] The post Turn to Res […]
Rick Lauber’s personal website can be found here.
Baker Street Agency by Katherine Matak
- Sleuthing at the Stove -Plums and Social Media April 28, 2016There is no doubt that everyone in their working life will make a mistake – might be small or might be large. In business clients can become upset over many things. Sometimes they are upset because they owe money and they have decided to not pay it. I remember learning about the gratitude scale at […]
- Sleuthing at the Stove -Dogs and Turds March 30, 2016I find it interesting that my blog was totally ignored while I was working on my book and that a year passed away without anyone noticing. So obviously my blog audience has not been craving my wit! This I find a shame as if you know me you will find that I am quite […]
- TEN TIPS TO A SUCCESSFUL SECURITY BUSINESS March 2, 2016Today I am summarizing some tips from my new book – Start and Run a Security Business (details at the end of the blog on where to purchase the book). No comparison to food this time but I have thrown in a great vegan recipe for you to enjoy if you make it […]
Advice by Darcy Matheson
- 5 animal charities worth supporting on Giving Tuesday November 26, 2016While Black Friday and Cyber Monday are all about getting deals and a jump on Christmas shopping, Giving Tuesday is dedicated to something wholly more altruistic.It’s a growing movement dedicated to giving back to worthy charities and organizations that make a difference in their communities. Giving Tuesday is the unofficial kickoff to giving season, and by […]
- What's your favourite Vancouver dog park? November 21, 2016Vancouver pet parents are blessed with an embarrassment of riches when it comes to where you take your four-legged friend.All across the city are amazing off-leash dog parks and trails so you and your pup can stretch your leg.My personal favourite is Charleson Park, where you can take in sweeping views of the downtown core and False Creek while your pup frol […]
- Haleluja - Tuffy found a home! October 3, 2016Ever heard the saying: “Every dog has its day?”It’s an old idiom that basically suggests that that no matter how in the dumps you are, everyone will have success or good luck at some point in their lives.Well, that’s finally come true for Tuffy, the one-eyed dog that no one seemed to want, despite his totally awesome personality.This sweet boy is great with […]
Learning to Commit by Avrum Nadigel
Script Gods Must Die
ThinkMOVE by Tim Sitt
- A healthy mindset that will get you moving September 30, 2016
- Practicing Mindfulness In The Face of Daily Chaos September 27, 2016
- Health is being who you really are September 27, 2016“To honestly express yourself” –Bruce Lee If you work a job where you sit 10 plus hours a day, it’s very likely that you are not able to express who you really are or be as authentically you as possible. As someone who has lots of experience with sedentary workplaces, I experienced how a lack...
- How to Double the Effectiveness of Testimonials August 1, 2014The post How to Double the Effectiveness of Testimonials appeared first on Steve Slaunwhite.
- Do “snail mail” sales letters still work? January 23, 2014During a workshop recently, a participant asked me if an old-fashioned snail mail sales letter still works for generating leads. I answered the question with a question. “How many here found out about me as a result of a letter I sent them?” Out of a group of 31, three raised their hands. That might […] The post Do “snail mail” sales letters still work? appe […]
- Writing white papers (and special reports) January 16, 2014I posted a great interview with Gordon Graham yesterday on my other blog at the Copywriting Training Center. Gordon is the leading expert on conceiving and writing white papers (as well as its close cousin, the special report). This is a Podcast-style interview (just 10 minutes) with lots of practical, no-fluff tips. If you’re at […] The post Writing white p […]