Barrett Tax Law by Dale Barrett
- Vehicle Expenses May 12, 2016When a vehicle is used for both personal and business purposes, it is necessary to keep a log to record the business use of the... The post Vehicle Expenses appeared first on Canada's Tax Lawyers.
- Transfers of Property while Having a Tax Debt May 12, 2016Income Tax Act Subsection 160 (http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-3.3/section-160.html) Excise Tax Act Subsection 325 (http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/E-15/section-325.html) Subsection 160 and subsection 325 assessments are the most powerful collection tools that... The post Transfers of Property while Having a Tax Debt appeared first on Canad […]
- Transfer Pricing May 12, 2016Income Tax Act Subsection 247 Transfer prices are the prices at which services, tangible property, and intangible property are traded across international borders between related... The post Transfer Pricing appeared first on Canada's Tax Lawyers.
Small Business Hell by Jack Borden
- Booksigning at Mosaic Books – March 19th March 11, 2016Join Us on Saturday, March 19th 2016 12:00 – 2:00pm Mosaic Books Kelowna 411 Bernard Avenue, Kelowna, BC Meet local author Jack Borden and chat about Small Business Entrepreneurship as discussed in his latest book ‘Avoid Small Business Hell’.
- Meeting Customer Objectives March 7, 2016Business obstacles are aplenty for small business entrepreneurs. In my book ‘Avoid Small Business Hell’ I chronicle all kinds of reasons behind business obstacles, how to avoid them and if they are unavoidable and a business is thrust into ‘Small Business Hell’ how to get your business back into a stable position. What is the ... Read more
- Borden provides business expertise March 7, 2016“If I can save one entrepreneur from the trip into small business hell, then I consider my book a success” Read Jennifer Smith’s article for the Vernon Morning Star Sunday, February 27 2016 “Borden provides business expertise”
No items to display at this time.
Estate Law Canada by Lynne Butler
- Should you name your children or your estate on your life insurance policy? September 21, 2016When it comes to naming the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. There are plenty of variables to consider but they fit individual people differently. A reader recently wrote to me asking about potential beneficiaries. Read on to see his question and my comments. "I am trying to figure out if it is best to leave […]
- Three out of four isn't bad September 18, 2016I just noticed that of the four top-selling books in the law category on my publisher's site, three of them were written by me. "For My Family, With Love" continues to be a very strong seller even though it has been out for a couple of years. Please feel free to check out all of my books and DIY kits at www.newfoundlandlawbooks.com.
- Things don't happen automatically. That's why we have executors. September 16, 2016Today I met with a client who was upset and angry that the stocks and bonds owned by her father had never been transferred into her mother's name. Her father had died without a will and there was nobody in charge of the estate. My client was mad at the transfer agent who registers and trades stocks because they hadn't changed the name. When I asked […]
Crook Publishing by Marion Crook
- New Book – New Tour September 20, 2016Writing for Children and Young Adults by Marion Crook Blog Tour Schedule September 20—October 3, 2016 September...
- Virtual Tour September 20 September 20, 2016September 20 Release Day Blitz Book Room Reviews http://www.bookroomreviews.com/ Delightful Book Review http://delightfulbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ Kit ‘N Kabookle http://kitnkabookle.blogspot.com/ Susan Heim on Writing http://www.susanheimonwriting.com/ Robyn Campbell Humor and Adventure Writing For Kids http://robyncampbell.com/ Aspiring Writer, Accomplished […]
- The Adoption Conference August 11, 2016Nashville, Tennessee, a land of green trees, wonderful people and 94% humidity. The adoption conference, North American Conference on Adoptable Children was, as usual, full of committed men and women working hard to educate themselves on how to help children who need homes, parents...
Debbie ElicksonUnable to display feed at this time.
Estill & Long Attorneys & Counselers At Law
- What is a Buy-Sell Agreement June 11, 2014What is a Buy-Sell Agreement? Written by Peter McFarland, Esq. on 6/6/14 It’s exciting to start a new business. But starting a new business takes so much time and energy, we’ve noticed that our clients often don’t focus on their exit strategies. Important life events can have a large impact on a business and […]The post What is a Buy-Sell Agreement appea […]
- 2014 Tax Tips for Newlyweds April 22, 2014Scott Estill – 4-22-2014 2014 Tax Tips for Newlyweds For tax purposes, your marital status is determined as of December 31, 2014. As such, it is possible to time the marriage to produce the lowest possible tax results (i.e. should we marry in 2014 or 2015). If either spouse changed his/her name as a result […]The post 2014 Tax Tips for Newlyweds appeared fi […]
- What if I Can’t Pay my IRS Bill? April 22, 2014Written by Peter McFarland, Esq. So you’ve filed your tax return. Maybe it was late and the IRS added penalties or maybe you just couldn’t afford to pay what the return said you owed. Now the IRS is sending notices and you just can’t possibly pay them. If you find yourself in this […]The post What if I Can’t Pay my IRS Bill? appeared first on .
Baking Fix by Mimi Shotland Fix
- A Growing Trend That Makes Me Sad September 14, 2016Our culture is food obsessed. And as the obsession grows, we’re becoming more obnoxious with our food preoccupation. Bake Magazine featured an article this week, Zagat survey shows national dining trends to look out for The Zagat survey had results from 10,000 diners across the U.S. Not only did the survey find that photography is […]
- Almost back from vacation… see you soon! August 21, 2016
- Sidestepping Food Industry License Regulations June 8, 2016A recent article, Homemade App Connects Local Cooks And Eaters Through Home Cooked Meals, was published in a Philadelphia magazine. It describes the new app Homemade, as “an incredible resource for cooks who can’t afford or are too busy to run their own restaurant but would like to make some money selling their food. Not […]
Tanya Lee Howe
- Good News for Alzheimer’s Research September 1, 2016A new drug is being tested at the moment that may halt mental decline for Alzheimer’s patients. It probably won’t hit the market for a few years, if the testing goes well. But there is hope! Check out the article from the Telegraph.
- Heartbreaking News June 11, 2016For all the bicyclists crossing Canada this summer, please be careful on the road and always be aware of your surroundings. If you have a bicycle that is low to the ground, such as a recumbent, make sure you have a bright flag that is high above your bike. You want to be seen on the road by the many Continue Reading
- Early onset Familial Alzheimer’s Disease March 28, 2016As I’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, early onset Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is happening more often. People can start showing signs of the disease in their 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s. Between 1 and 5 percent of cases are early onset. Familial Alzheimer’s disease means that earlier generations of a family have had the disease. For example, my mom has Continue […]
Managing your Medicare by George Jacobs
- The Part D Low Income Subsidy (“Extra Help”) in 2015 October 13, 2014Requirements to Become Eligible for Extra HelpThis reviews the two main requirements for the Part D low income subsidy (LIS), that is, “Extra Help,” and also indicates what the basic structure of the Part D benefit looks like for those who qualify for it during 2015. The two main requirements are, of course, low income and few resources.At this point in ti […]
- PART D FOR 2015 October 9, 2014Get Ready Now for Medicare Open Enrollment - Part D Changes for 2015It’s less than two weeks to Medicare Open Enrollment, so it’s time for you to get familiar with what will change in 2015 and what you need to do now to prepare for it. Of extreme importance is that the Annual Election Period (the open enrollment period) will begin on Wednesday, October 15 an […]
- Changes in Medicare Deductibles, Premiums, etc. for 2014 - Parts B, A, C, D November 9, 2013Part BMost of the Medicare annual change amounts have been released for 2014, and the good news is that the Part B premium and deductible will not change. That is, the Part B monthly premium will stay at $140.90, and the annual deductible at $147. This is particularly nice for beneficiaries as your Social Security cost-of-living increase will only be 1.5%, […]
- 2017 KeatsConnelly Cross-Border Workshops September 21, 2016The dates are set for our 2017 Cross-Border Workshops. Please click here for details. Hope to see you!Read more ›
- KeatsConnelly Cross-Border Weekly Best of the Web 2016-9-16 September 16, 2016Every week we share news stories, blog articles and other interesting stuff from around the web that received the most views, shares, comments and overall interest on various KeatsConnelly social media outlets. This week, we highlight three articles. The first…Read more ›
- KeatsConnelly Cross-Border Weekly Best of the Web 2016-9-9 September 9, 2016Every week we share news stories, blog articles and other interesting stuff from around the web that received the most views, shares, comments and overall interest on various KeatsConnelly social media outlets. Two articles are brought into focus this week.…Read more ›
The Cottage RulesUnable to display feed at this time.
The Caregiver Network: Blog by Rick Lauber
- Why not Reach Out for the Hand that is Available? August 26, 2016Microwave ovens make it easier for people to heat and cook meals in mere minutes. Elevators make it easier for people to climb from one building floor to the next. Vehicles make it easier for people to travel between locations. There are plenty of innovative products and services available on the market today to simplify […] The post Why not Reach Out for th […]
- Caregiving Respite from A to ZZZ July 18, 2016How are you sleeping at night? Or are you sleeping at all? Getting a good night’s rest is one of the simplest (and most cost-effective) means of caregiver respite. Insomnia can prove to be problematic – especially when you have additional caregiving duties on your own plate. Without proper rest, it is difficult (if not […] The post Caregiving Respite from A […]
- On-Line Support Can Provide Unconventional Respite Help for Caregivers June 14, 2016A chance to share your own experiences … a chance to listen to and learn from those who are already walking in a caregiver’s shoes … a chance to gain some personal time away from your own caregiving responsibilities … a caregiving support group can offer you a great deal and an opportunity for respite […] The post On-Line Support Can Provide Unconventional R […]
Rick Lauber’s personal website can be found here.
Baker Street Agency by Katherine Matak
- Sleuthing at the Stove -Plums and Social Media April 28, 2016There is no doubt that everyone in their working life will make a mistake – might be small or might be large. In business clients can become upset over many things. Sometimes they are upset because they owe money and they have decided to not pay it. I remember learning about the gratitude scale at […]
- Sleuthing at the Stove -Dogs and Turds March 30, 2016I find it interesting that my blog was totally ignored while I was working on my book and that a year passed away without anyone noticing. So obviously my blog audience has not been craving my wit! This I find a shame as if you know me you will find that I am quite […]
- TEN TIPS TO A SUCCESSFUL SECURITY BUSINESS March 2, 2016Today I am summarizing some tips from my new book – Start and Run a Security Business (details at the end of the blog on where to purchase the book). No comparison to food this time but I have thrown in a great vegan recipe for you to enjoy if you make it […]
Advice by Darcy Matheson
- Shelter desperately needs items for seized pets September 21, 2016The Vancouver branch of the BC SPCA is appealing to animal lovers for help as it deals with a massive influx of seized animals.A total of 88 dogs, cats and farm animals "requiring immediate and urgent attention" were brought into its care after being taken off the Langley property of 1atatime Rescue Society Monday.One paraplegic dog had to be eutha […]
- 3 good reasons to keep your cat inside September 11, 2016The town council of Kitimat, B.C., will soon meet to discuss a proposal that is sure to get fur flying among cat owners. Concerned with the number of birds killed by free-roaming felines, two residents are calling for a bylaw that would make it mandatory for all cats to be indoors-only.The debate over whether or not pet cats should be allowed outside is a pe […]
- Why doesn't anyone want Tuffy? August 31, 2016The question of whether or not a dog is adopted right away often comes down to a simple, if not very vain, reason: looks.In a society where we gravitate towards young good looking people, the same can be said for homeless animals.Puppies are picked first, then usually small dogs, and then, finally, the big dogs. The very last to leave are usually the large s […]
Learning to Commit by Avrum Nadigel
Script Gods Must Die
- How to Double the Effectiveness of Testimonials August 1, 2014The post How to Double the Effectiveness of Testimonials appeared first on Steve Slaunwhite.
- Do “snail mail” sales letters still work? January 23, 2014During a workshop recently, a participant asked me if an old-fashioned snail mail sales letter still works for generating leads. I answered the question with a question. “How many here found out about me as a result of a letter I sent them?” Out of a group of 31, three raised their hands. That might […] The post Do “snail mail” sales letters still work? appe […]
- Writing white papers (and special reports) January 16, 2014I posted a great interview with Gordon Graham yesterday on my other blog at the Copywriting Training Center. Gordon is the leading expert on conceiving and writing white papers (as well as its close cousin, the special report). This is a Podcast-style interview (just 10 minutes) with lots of practical, no-fluff tips. If you’re at […] The post Writing white p […]