The Kobo Reader and Kobo software uses EPUB format files.
The Kobo eReader with current software and the USB cable to connect it to your computer.
Installing your ebook
When you download your book in the EPUB format, make a note of where you save the file. The file name will be bookname.epub where “bookname” is the book title.
- With the Kobo device powered off, connect it to your computer via the USB cable.
- After the connection is made, turn the Kobo device on.
- The KOBOeReader File Browser window should appear on your computer.
- On your computer, select the EPUB file you downloaded and drag it into the KOBOeReader File Browser window.
- In the KOBOeReader File Browser window, eject the eReader device.
- Unplug the USB cable.
- Your eReader will update itself and the new book will appear in its own “Books” library, ready for reading.