International Self-Counsel Press Inc. is a business and legal books publisher. We pioneered do-it-yourself law books in the United States and Canada in 1971.
If you want to write for us, please take a look at our website at www.self-counsel.com/ to see if your proposed book might fit one of the categories in which we publish, and to make sure we haven′t already published the book you wish to propose. We do not publish fiction of any genre, nor do we publish adult books, books on mental health, psychology, religion, or the paranormal.
Note: This topic is updated from time to time; the fact it was originally published in 2009 does not mean it is out of date information. It is current.
Please note that due to the high volume of submissions received, Self-Counsel Press does not respond to queries about the status of unsolicited manuscripts. We will contact you only if we wish to publish your manuscript. Further, we regret that we are unable to return manuscripts unless they are received with a self-addressed, prepaid envelope. We recycle all unused materials.
We are currently interested in:
- Books for our Start & Run series
- Books about personal and small business tax matters in the US
- Books about personal finance
- Books about legal/business nonfiction topics that would appeal to Baby Boomers
- Short books on topics related to those described above. These are books of 10,000 to 15,000 words, succintly written, dealing clearly with a singe topic.
When submitting your manuscript, please be sure to provide the following:
- Cover letter, with current contact information
- CV describing why you are qualified to write this book
- As much of your manuscript as possible, typewritten and double-spaced
- Detailed chapter-by-chapter outline
Send your submission by mail to the address below. Manuscripts sent by fax will not be considered. Simultaneous submissions will be accepted, on the condition that it is clearly stated in the cover letter that another publisher is considering your work. Multiple submissions of up to five manuscripts are welcome. All manuscripts submitted must be copies only. Do not send originals, as we will recycle any and all manuscripts we choose not to publish.
Please mail your submissions to
Self-Counsel Press Inc.
4152 Meridian Street
Please ensure that you have included sufficient postage. Do not include international postage vouchers, as we cannot use them, and your manuscript will not be returned. Unless you are a professional artist, sample illustrations are not necessary.