The executor’s job is much more involved than you might initially believe. At its simplest, the executor’s role involves documenting assets of the deceased, paying the bills for the estate, and distributing assets to the rightful beneficiaries. These in themselves are not simple tasks, and there are many more to come. So You’ve Been Appointed Executor gives you an introduction to the predictable and unavoidable issues that each and every executor will face regardless of the size of the estate. This ebook not only explains what you need to know when you are appointed executor, but it also helps you choose the best executor for your estate. Learn about the eight duties of an executor and how they apply to the estate to which you have been appointed. Also included is information about various estate experts and resources available to you to help make your job as executor easier. Some of the most commonly asked questions answered in this book are the following:
- How do I notify the necessary people and institutions of the death?
- Where do I search for the will?
- How do I take control of the deceased’s assets?
- What kind of inventory do I need to keep?
- How do I prepare the probate application?
- How do I establish estate accounts?
- When can I distribute assets to the beneficiaries?
- How do I go about paying estate debts and taxes?
|Publication Date||Nov 1, 2015|
|PDF Preview Download URL||http://www.self-counsel.com/docs/so_you've_been_appointed_executor.pdf|
|Operating System||This eBook is in the EPUB 2.1 format and will work with any reading device (including iPad, Kobo, Nook, and Sony ereaders) or desktop software which supports this format or earlier versions. This includes Apple, Sony, Kobo, and Barnes & Noble ereaders. Learn more about buying and installing ebooks.|
|File Size||2.58 MB|
|Library Sales?||Not for sale to libraries.|