Alberta Probate Kit
Everything you need to probate or administer an estate
This is intended for a Canadian audience.
Number of pages: 288
You can probate an estate yourself and save money! When you probate an estate, you prove by legal process that a will has been validly made and executed. This may sound complicated, but it isn’t. Even when there is no will or the executor named in the will is not acting, it is possible to administer the estate without a lawyer. This kit is designed for people with small or moderate estates to handle after the death of a family member or friend.
This book demonstrates in easy-to-understand terms how anyone faced with the difficult situation of acting as executor or administrator can probate or administer an estate — without consulting a lawyer. It is possible for you as a layperson to probate an uncomplicated estate by yourself and save thousands of dollars in legal fees in the process.
Here are some of the topics that are explained:
• What you should do after a death
• The powers and duties of executors and administrators
• What forms are necessary and how to complete them properly
• How to assess the value of the deceased’s assets
• How to transfer the estate to the rightful beneficiaries
• — And more.
The download kit includes:
• Blank forms to fill out whether you are applying for probate, administration, or administration with will annexed
• Filled-in samples so you can be sure you’re filling out forms correctly
• List of probate registries
• Information on handling funeral arrangements, estate inventory, and getting beneficiaries to sign off By following the step-by-step instructions in this kit, you can successfully probate or administer a straightforward estate yourself.
|Subtitle||Everything you need to probate or administer an estate|
|Publication Date||Oct 14, 2018|
|About the Download||This book contains a link (or URL) that needs to be typed into your web browser's address bar. Enter the link to view the Updates Page. Click on 'Download the Forms' to download the Forms Kit. It will be in a ZIP file format and needs to be unzipped (or extracted) to access the files inside.|
|PDF Preview Download URL||http://www.self-counsel.com/docs/alberta_probate_kit.pdf|
|Size||6 x 9|