TEST Download Product
This is intended for a global audience.
- Save money with sound cross-border financial planning
- For snowbirds and permanent residents
- Get the best from both countries
- Learn tips on investing in real estate
You won’t want to leave home without it! In this informative guide, noted financial planner and columnist Robert Keats teaches you everything you need to know about cross-border financial planning. You’ll learn how to:
- Avoid getting caught by fluctuations in Canadian currency
- Qualify for old-age and social security benefits on both sides of the border
- Get the best from both the Canadian and U.S. medical systems — without the disadvantages of either
- Buy a retirement home and deduct the mortgage interest from your Canadian tax return
- Receive your Canadian pensions in the U.S. — almost tax-free!
- Make U.S.-based investments that are exempt from U.S. income tax and filing requirements
- Use the new U.S.–Canada Tax Treaty to receive the equivalent of an unlimited capital gains exemption
- Alleviate your tax burden when you return to Canada after an extended stay in the U.S.
… and much, much more! Don’t make a run for the border without The Border Guide in hand!
The Author: Robert Keats, CFP, RFP, MSFP is an internationally renowned expert in cross-border financial planning. He has discussed financial matters on the CTV national news and in the Financial Post and Los Angeles Times. He is the publisher of The Sunbelt Canadian newsletter and is on the editorial board for the Canadian Journal of Financial Planning. Keats is the author of A Canadian's Best Tax Haven: The US, another title published by Self-Counsel Press. He lives in Phoenix, Arizona.
|Operating System||This eBook is in the EPUB 2.1 format and will work with any reading device or desktop software which supports this format or earlier versions. Learn more about buying and installing ebooks.|
|File Size||3.6 MB|
|Library Sales?||Not for sale to libraries.|