The Border Guide
The Ultimate Guide to Living, Working, and Investing across the Border
This is intended for a global audience.
Number of pages: 392
Cross the border with confidence. In this informative guide, noted financial planner and columnist Robert Keats teaches you everything you need to know about cross-border financial planning. You won't want to leave home without it!
Now in its twelfth edition, this book is the definitive guide to everything financial for those living a cross-border lifestyle in Canada and the US. If you are a Canadian living seasonally or year-round in the US, a US citizen living in Canada, or if you have financial assets in both countries, this book can save you time, money, and headaches.
Updated for recent changes to cannabis laws and the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement, the strategies outlined here will help you adopt the most amazing, ideal cross-border lifestyle. Imagine your own virtual private swinging door on the Canada/US border that allows you to go through in either direction whenever you want, for whatever time period you want, free from worry and funded by substantial tax reductions. Plus it will give you access to both US and Canadian medical coverage for the rest of your life!
Learn how to:
• Legally reduce both Canadian and US taxes
• Protect your assets from fluctuating exchange rates
• Eliminate stress during border crossings
• Operate your business from either side of the border to your best advantage
• Make investments that are free from both income and estate taxes
• Use proven tools to eliminate the Canadian “death tax” and US estate taxes
• Remove your RRSP and other registered plans from Canada at very low or no net income taxes using proven cross-border tools
• Use the Canada/US Tax Treaty to greatly save money and reduce taxes on the sale of your business
The downloadable forms kit includes:
• Choosing a crossborder financial planner
• List of free, useful publications
• List of embassies and consulates
• — And much more!
|Subtitle||The Ultimate Guide to Living, Working, and Investing across the Border|
|Publication Date||Jul 29, 2019|
|PDF Preview Download URL||http://www.self-counsel.com/docs/border_guide.pdf|
|Size||6 x 9|