This is intended for a global audience.
Number of pages: 324
- Create a romance bestseller
- Write romantic scenes from start to finish
- Get in on the big business of writing romance!
- Realize your creative dream and make money, too!
Romance novels represent one of the most lucrative genres in book publishing—making up over half of all mass market fiction sold in North America and generating more than $1.2 billion a year. This book will show you everything you need to know to successfully break into the romance writing market, from planning and plotting your story to editing and selling your manuscript. Whether you're excited by classic love stories or steamy erotic romances, there’s a market for your love story. Let Vanessa Grant coach you in the process of getting from idea to finished novel. Learn how to:
- Develop characters your readers will care about
- Write sensual and romantic scenes
- Set up a suspenseful story
- Research your plot details
- Use your computer to write efficiently
- Work with an agent
- Find a publisher
- Sell your book
Writing Romance includes contributions from popular romance authors Jo Beverley, Mary Jo Putney, Gail Crease, E. C. Sheedy, and others writing about subgenres of the romance field: historical romances, paranormal romances, romantic suspense, erotic romances, and more. A CD-ROM jam-packed with helpful templates, audio files, and two e-books is also included. Highlights of the CD:
- Excel template for tracking character history and timelines
- Trial version of MuseNames character-naming software
- Bonus MP3s from Vanessa Grant’s seminars on writing great romance novels
- Two complete e-books
|Publication Date||Oct 14, 2006|
|PDF Preview Download URL||http://www.self-counsel.com/docs/writing_romance.pdf|
|Size||6 x 9|
|About the CD||The CD works with all versions of Microsoft Windows: 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, and Vista (Vista installation requires you to have Administrator rights on your computer).|