Want to write for Self-Counsel?
International Self-Counsel Press Inc. is a business and legal books publisher. We pioneered do-it-yourself law books in the United States and Canada in 1971.
If you would like to write for us, please have a careful look over our backlist www.self-counsel.com to see if your proposed book might fit one of the categories in which we publish, and to make sure we haven′t already published the book you wish to propose. We do not publish fiction of any genre, nor do we publish adult books, books on mental health, psychology, religion, or the paranormal.
We are currently interested in:
- Books for our Start & Run series
- Books about personal and small business tax matters
- Books about personal finance
- Books about legal/business nonfiction topics that would appeal to Baby Boomers
- Short books on topics related to those described above. These are books of 10,000 to 15,000 words, succinctly written, dealing clearly with a singe topic.
When submitting your manuscript, please be sure to provide the following:
- Cover letter, with current contact information
- CV describing why you are qualified to write this book
- As much of your manuscript as possible, typewritten and double-spaced
- Detailed chapter-by-chapter outline
Need more guidance? Want to WOW us with your book proposal?
Submissions may be sent:
Or to the Attention of:
1481 Charlotte Road
North Vancouver, BC
Please ensure that you have included sufficient postage. Do not include international postage vouchers, as we cannot use them, and your manuscript will not be returned. Unless you are a professional artist, sample illustrations are not necessary.