Power of Attorney Kit (download version)
This is intended for a Canadian audience.
This book walks you through the establishment of your power of attorney so that your affairs are taken care of in the event that you should become incapacitated and the download contains the forms you need. The PDF version of the book included in this download kit features security settings that prevent printing, copying & pasting.
Before you purchase this product, please read this!
- Understand Representation Agreements
- Plan your future — your way
- Assign authority to act on your behalf
- Cover all aspects of your life — not just medical
- Appoint someone you trust to manage your affairs
Are you in charge of your own affairs? You may be organized and have all your financial papers filed and ready to access if something should suddenly happen to you. You may update your will regularly and rest assured that your family is well taken care of. But what would happen if you suddenly became incapacitated? How would your spouse or family access your bank account or take care of your affairs?
You might want to grant a power of attorney to your child to provide for your care as you grow older, or you might want someone to take care of your financial affairs while you take an extended vacation. In any case, a power of attorney is a useful legal document giving someone the authority to act on your behalf on certain matters you specify.
Now, you can draw up your own power of attorney. This booklet tells you everything you need to know and provides blank forms for your convenience. Among other things, it answers these questions:
- What is a power of attorney?
- What if I want to hand power over only for a limited time?
- Will my money be safe under a power of attorney?
- Can I make arrangements for my Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security cheques?
- Is the procedure different depending on which province I live in?
- How can I terminate a power of attorney?
- How do I write my own power of attorney?
|PDF Preview Download URL||http://www.self-counsel.com/docs/power_of_attorney.pdf|
|Operating System||This is a 3.12 MB ZIP compressed file containing a folder with the instructions. It can be used on any recent Windows, Macintosh, or Linux operating system. The kit requires an internet connection and MS Word or equivalent word processor.|
|File Size||3.12 MB|
|Library Sales?||Not for sale to libraries.|